Residential High Rise, Tall Buildings
River City Phase 1
River City is a master planned residential development that brings a unique, bold response to a former brownfield site along Toronto’s Don River. It successfully engages the city, linking a public realm of pedestrian friendly streets and exceptional parks with an architecture inspired by flow, movement and continuity.
Phase 1 & 2 are interpreted through faceted building forms, a stark black and white colour palette, and a combination of aluminum panels, various glass systems and board formed concrete. It’s playful and sculptural modernism is an excellent example of mid-rise architecture and unique suite types that achieves an urban development balance.
(Saucier + Perrotte Architectes / ZAS Architects Inc., in joint venture)
Urban Capital Property Group
Phase 1 – 28,578 m2
Mixed Use Neighbourhood
Green Roofs and Courts
LEED Gold Building
LEED Gold Community
- Award of Merit, Residential Architecture – Multi-Unit, AZ Awards of Merit (2015)
- Award of Excellence, Toronto Urban Design Awards (2015)
- Outstanding Achievement in Architecture and Design, PUG Awards (2014)
- Best Building Design-High Rise, BILD Awards (2010)
- OAA Design Excellence (2017)